- The important thing is that these 500lb – 800lb barrel saunas and need to be on a hard surface, not directly on grass or dirt, because they will sink in over time. Please make sure the surface is somewhat level. It does not have to be perfectly level but try to get it as close as you can.
- Put on a concrete slab, not necessary but it is a good option
- Put down gravel of any type. If you are using only gravel and not anything on top, it should be at least 4 inches.
- Put pee or any gravel down 2-4 inches, then use Pavers or Bricks on top of the gravel. You can just use pavers and not gravel underneath, but we do recommend at least 2-4 inches of gravel under the pavers. You can buy bricks or pavers at any Home Depot or Lowes, you can do 12inch X 12inch or 16inch X 16inch. You only need to provide support under the cradles to hold the weight, but some customers do it under the entire sauna, your decision.
- Put it on a deck that can support the weight of 500lbs – 800lbs depending upon which size barrel sauna you got.
- Put it on treated wood that would be directly on the ground. Gravel is still recommended under the treated wood
Foundation Options for Barrel and Cabin Saunas